Friday, January 05, 2007

busy, busy, busy...

I have wanted to try and make a fabric scarf since I got the Denise Schmydt quilt book. I found a really cool mottled batik, and a couple other coordinates at the fabric store the other day. Add to that all the scraps I have and wholy moly...supercutestuff! You may recognize the large flower print and striped from the Christmas apron for TJ's teacher. Gosh, they don't itch at all!! I love knitted scarves, but they often itch all day!!! Also, not too warm or cool. Perfect. I can tell, they are going ot be addictive!!! Equally addictive as felting thrift store sweaters!!! Last week I hit the JACKPOT at the thrift store. I think I found 10 sweaters most of them felted beautifully, a few were duds. I really love cardigans and hate crewnecks, so I felt the sweater and then cut it up the front center. (After the second washing they look a little more finished.) I have to be careful not to over felt, the sleeves can get really small and the edge gets wonky. The biggest lesson I learned is to wash one sweater at a time...the different color fuzz takes a long time to pick off.

Ahhhhhhhh! I can't get this lined up...darn...I wish I know how to fix this stuff and put links on the sidebar, oh well. maybe.some.day.

No comments: