Thursday, February 22, 2007

a couple from the ufo pile

I have wanted to buy this Vogue pattern for a long time...so Hancock's had 75% off Vogue patterns...I can't decide if I like it or not. The zipper is a little flimsy for the size of the bag. The school secretary said it would make a great diaper bag if it were a little wider and deeper....I'm not getting pregnant to test out her theory!!!
I love the detail on this bag. I think I found this pattern on the Robert Kaufman website. I had lofty aspirations to make the quilt, too. I couldn't find the RK line at any of the LQS so I substituted a different b/w pattern. The size of this is perfect for carrying books and magazines. I can only carry this bag when cars are clean...otherwise the white stripes are grey. We are SOOO enjoying the warmer temps...all the snow is just about melted....ready for the next installment of winter.

3 comments:

Amanda Jean said...

cute bags! love the one with the circles on it.

Jennifer (mom of four) said...

You do such a good job. I just read some of your archives and saw your Amy Butler bags. I just ordered a pattern for a Messenger bag by her. I am not good with patterns so I sent it to my Aunt in NH. She is sewing it for me and is mailing it back this week for my trip to NY. I love reading your blog! You are so talented.

beki said...

Wow, those look great!