Thursday, March 15, 2007

Oh, Taliesin...

This incredible image is from Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin in Scottsdale, AZ. We just got back from spending a long weekend there. I have always watched "Great American Castle's" on A&E, when Frank Lloyd Wright has been featured, I am in awe. We went on a 90 minute tour of Taliesin and were able to take photographs. I loved being there. I am ready to de-clutter my life...live simply. I wonder if he was still alive if he could live as simply as he did 50 years ago. It's a good thing Spring is here...so I can start cleaning things out! The image above is by Heloise Christa, I'm not sure of the title of this piece. I am thoroughly enamored with all of her work.
"The reality of the building does not consist in roof and walls but in the space within to be lived in." -Laotse This was on the back wall of the Cabaret at Taliesin. FLW was a true visionary...he has inspired me, all these years later.

1 comment:

backdoc4 said...

Looked through your blog for the first time in along time. I didn't know you went to Taliesin. FLW is amazing!! I actually have save a plan designed by Taliesin that won the 1997 Life magazine home of the year. It is something that would be very possible to build. I will show it to you some time.

Joel