Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wheat/oat bread



Betsy recently gave me a recipe and some advice for homemade bread. I have made it a few times now. Usually the first loaf is gone within a few hours. My family really likes it with a little bit of raw honey.

Betsy told me to start it in my bread machine and then bake it in the oven. It is really easy and turns out really well each time. Next time I am going to try to start it at night and use the timer on the bread machine so it is ready to put in the pans when I wake up. Then the kids will can have some for breakfast.

Bread Recipe:

1 1/2 c. hot water
3 T. raw honey
2 T. olive oil
2 T. Milk

I stir these four ingredients together and pour them into my bread machine.
Then I put the rest of the ingredients in on top of those in this order:

3 c. white flour
1/2 c. wheat flour
1 1/2 c. rolled oats
2 T. Flaxseed
2 t. salt
2 t. (heaping) dry yeast


No comments: